Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dulcius ex Asperis. . .

Is Latin for "Through difficulty, more sweet" it's what I'm putting on my "abstinence" ring. I put abstinence in quotes because it's not really a word I would use to describe what the ring is exactly. Not to mention, words like abstinence and celibacy are so formal and uptight sounding to me. I was searching for something to put on the ring and when I saw that it was perfect for me. I don't want of those "true love waits" blah blah kinda rings cause that's not what my ring and decision is really about. It's more so about deserving things, and putting yourself in situations where responsibility and partnership come into play. I believe if your willing to go through the difficulty of working against biology, and putting up with me on a serious level then through difficulty you may experience something more sweet. People often allow sex to confuse their situations and its difficult to see if someone is able to stick around through long haul, teaches you other ways to show your emotions so on and so forth. It also means when the ring comes off, if ever a difficult situation was to arise, together we would be able to handle it. That's just me. So until further notice... Dulcius ex Asperis.

No comments:

Post a Comment