Monday, February 15, 2010

Not to expose your true feelings to an adult seems to be instinctive from the age of seven or eight onwards

I really prefer to not discuss feelings. Not prematurely at least.
I strongly believe that since "feelings" are something we FEEL,  we should display it through our actions.  that way the other person can FEEL it as well. I could easily tell you I "feel" anything, but if my actions don't match my words, it's too simple to say I have "deceived" you. I'm not one for deception.
Now, there is a time of course where you do have that simple talk to analyze your feelings with someone just to ensure your on the same page. It is somewhat mandatory depending on what your situation may be. I just don't care to discuss it too soon, or too often. Mainly, because half the time I don't believe we as people know exactly what we feel && trying to put emotion into words may be one of the most complex things the human mind can attempt to accomplish. Not to mention if your conveying of it falls too short or too heavy of what it really is, OR if the other person interprets it differently.  Individuals appear to be afraid to be on a different level emotionally than the person they are involved with. It's almost as if it suddenly becomes a power struggle. && you are no longer on the same team trying to enjoy each other. Your main focus is now to get someone to feel a certain way (more or less) for you. It's a downhill spiral from there.
Just think it doesn't need to be discussed unless it REALLY needs to be discussed.
& when it does, you better be damn accurate.
Idk maybe this is one of those things you have to understand to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment